- Scouting as an extracurricular is one of the most affordable. Pack 285 pricing is medium to low compared to area Packs at $16 to $13 per month (new / returning).
- The Pack is a nonprofit organization and all volunteer. All moneys collected flow back to the scouts as awards and program costs.
- Dues pay for awards. A scout that is not current with their dues WILL NOT receive awards at Pack meetings. If a family is struggling to pay for dues, they can request a Campership in writing to cover their Scout dues.
- There is no payment plan. If you need a payment plan after your first year, you can craft your own. Submit payments on your own timetable to the Pack 285 Store under ‘Miscellaneous payment’ and post a note stating which Scout should receive credit. Pay the full amount before the 31st of August and you are set. For example, 3 payments of $50 in June, July, and August would satisfy dues for 1 Scout.
The Pack 285 Store handles payments and provides easier access to uniforms and books.
Pack 285 charges membership dues per school year, August – July. Dues pay for patches, pins, awards, Cub swag, Lock-Ins, Pinewood Derbies, special events, adult volunteer background checks, and a small Pack 285 Campership program. Dues also pay for group insurance for meeting and camping activities, BSA campsites, 6 of which are within the Tampa Bay area, software and website services, training, and more.
- Returning Scouts – $150
- New 1st Semester School Year Scouts – $150 (includes Pack t-shirt, camp cup), plus BSA application fee paid online
- New 2nd Semester School Year Scouts – $65 (includes Pack t-shirt, camp cup), plus BSA application fee paid online